ABOUT THE COMPANY
Coldwater Township surrounds the city of Coldwater, Branch County. In the year 1833, Branch County was divided into two townships, Coldwater Township on the East and Prairie Rover on the West. In 1836, Coldwater Township was cut into four parcels. The new townships which were formed were named Coldwater, Algansee, California and Quincy. Following the year 1861, Coldwater City was formed in the center of Coldwater Township.
Imagination FX was asked to create a new web site that could be updated easily by the township staff. We created a WordPress site that allowed for east management of the minutes and public notices. Residents of the township can easily find information on taxes, recycling, zoning, and elections. From the site they can also rent the township hall and the Creal Soccer Complex.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
The most recent census we have numbers for was in 2010 and showed a population of 3,472. Three Michigan Department of Corrections facilities are located within the Township. There is a chain of seven lakes that start in Girard Township and flow through the western side of the Township and the City of Coldwater ending near Garfield Road.